Sunday, August 1, 2010

Aperture Studies - Batch No. 1

Nikon D40 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
It's Sunday. Right after doing my laundry and having lunch, I was off to the office. But this time, I brought with me my D40 , in the hope of taking some shots for me to review later in the day.


There was not much, but here goes:


Syvel's along Escolta Street in Sta. Cruz, Manila




Escolta Street, view towards Sta. Cruz Church

Post Office Building and Pasig River



Pasig River, view towards McArthur Bridge


Zoomed towards FEATI University and the LRT Line 1


Lilies by the River


Verdict: I really do have MUCH yet to learn when it comes to photography!

I had a lot of light but somehow, I was not able to make them work to my advantage. I would have liked the clouds to be more dramatically brilliant, but somehow they were just like what the afternoon was - laid-back, relaxed, unassuming. A pro surely must have captured the street and river scenes differently - but that's it for now for me.

Thus, the challenge:

To shoot like a pro in 2 months or less - with my basic DSLR!

Unrealistic with my sked and gadget? Call me what you will - but I'd appreciate optimistic! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...